So, as Jen and I continue our recipe sharing from our little goodie basket for the Jack and Jill this past weekend, I thought I would share my all time favorite pinterest find…White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies from Sally’s Baking Addiction. I’ve already expressed my feelings about white chocolate, and mixed with the tart cranberries….oh my, it’s the perfect combo. This recipe is awesome, wonderfully moist and chewy and you could modify it for so many different cookies…and her secret…a little bit of cornstarch, who knew, right? I have made these cookies numerous times and it is definitely my go to recipe for my cookie fix. Santa is also very fond of these cookies as well….
So here goes, and please, you need to try these, they are nothing short of amazing….
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Line an ungreased cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed until fluffy and light in color. Mix in egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides as needed. On low-speed, mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in white chocolate chips & dried cranberries. Chill dough (covered) for 30 minutes or up to 3 days.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Drop balls of dough (1-1.5 tablespoons each) onto cookie sheet OR used a standard-sized cookie scoop. Bake for 8-9 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. I found that 8 minutes was perfect in my oven. Remove and let cool for 5-10 minutes on the cookie sheet.* Transfer to cooling rack.
Recipe is supposed to yield 2.5 dozen, however, I tend to make my cookie on the smaller size because well, if you met my daughter and saw what sugar does to her……well you would completely understand the smaller portion size. Regardless, I got well over 3 dozen from the recipe and even though only about a dozen went into our not so little goodie basket, the rest of the cookies didn’t make it through the weekend….yes, they are that good.