Happy Hump day everyone…only a few more days and it will be the weekend…and what better way to celebrate the middle of the week than with a fat kid treat…
These brownies are the embodiment of nom nom nom. There are very few combinations that will put these brownies to shame…I mean besides these brownies, warm out of the oven with a tall glass of milk…or ice cream…and caramel sauce…and whipped cream…I mean not like I’m a fat kid or anything Lol.
When these came out of the oven I had to chase Dan out with my rubber spatula. Although I don’t think I did a good enough job of protecting them from him. I came back to a piece missing within a few mins of them being out of the oven…so beware these are THAT good…
I made two pans of these…and took the picture of the pan Dan didn’t get his hands on…if you’re a true pumpkin fan, double the pumpkin filling…nom nom
Pumpkin swirl filling:
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 large egg
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 (18 oz.) box brownie mix (I used Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies)
Oil, water and eggs as called for on box
1) Mix all ingredients for pumpkin filling and set aside
2) Mix brownie mix per the directions on back.
3) Divide the brownie batter into two servings (majority goes into a greased pan and the rest is put aside for the top)
4) Pour pumpkin mixture on top of brownies and the remaining batter mixture on top. Swirl together.
5) Bake 45 Mins at 350 degrees.
6) Once brownies are out of the oven chase husband, children or any other person out of your kitchen that will eat these brownies before they even have a chance to cool.