We’ve been working hard on our spare bathroom. Its almost complete, we just have to put one more coat of finish on the floor and decorate. I’m glad this almost done, its one less thing we have to finish. It will be nice to have my living room back and free from building supplies. My kitchen hasn’t survived the wrath of Dan’s building supplies. Its times like these Im thankful for my crock pot.
This Honey Chicken was a huge hit with Dan. I on the other hand wasn’t a huge fan. It was ok. I would say it was a Pinterest fail but I wouldn’t say it was a Pinterest win either. I say give it a try, you could be a huge fan of this recipe like Dan.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 bag frozen broccoli
- Cooked Quinoa
- In a large bowl, combine onion, garlic, honey, soy sauce, ketchup, vegetable oil and red pepper.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste. Place chicken thighs into a slow cooker. Add honey mixture and gently toss to combine. Cover and cook on low heat for 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken thighs from the slow cooker and shred the chicken before returning to the pot with the juices. Add frozen broccoli, cover and keep warm for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately with Quinoa.