Dan is still laid off for the season, so he’s home during the day while I’m at my “grown up” job. I had bought a package of mint Oreo cookies to make these Oreo Truffle Brownies for a St. Patrick’s Day post. I had planned on buying some green chocolate melts to put over the top to make them look more St. Patrick’s day-ish. I thought I had hid them well enough, but I guess I was wrong. I came home from work and found that Dan had eaten almost half of the package. I decided I’d better use them up tonight, other wise I would have to go out and buy a whole other package because those cookies weren’t going to survive much longer in my house.
I made the brownies and brought them to work today. They were SOOOOOO good, another Nom Nom Nom recipe. I hope you enjoy!!
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 pkg. Double Stuffed Mint Oreos
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened, add more as needed
- 10 oz. Dipping Chocolate I used white chocolate
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and blend well. Add vanilla, salt, cocoa and flour. Don’t overbeat. Pour into a greased 9X13 pan. Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- While brownies are cooling, make Oreo truffle layer. Crush Oreos finely in a food processor or by putting them in a ziplock bag and smashing them until finely ground with a rolling pin. When Oreos are finely crushed, using hands (or a spoon, I just think hands are faster), mash softened cream cheese and crushed Oreos until well combined. Start with 4 oz and keep adding until desired consistency is reached. When Brownies have cooled completely, place layer of Oreo truffle on top.
- Melt dipping chocolate (you can use chocolate chips or other chocolate candy coating) and pour and spread evenly over the top of the Oreo truffle layer. Cover and put in fridge until set