We finally got some nice weather over the weekend. I think the high for Saturday was close to 50 degrees…but lets be honest, after the winter we’ve had this year anything over 30 feels like a heat wave. It was nice to walk around in just a sweat shirt and see a good amount of the ice and snow melt here at my house. It almost makes me feel hopeful for spring, almost. I’ve already heard rumblings of another storm this week…*sigh*.
Until Mother nature can get her act together I will be drowning my sorrows in my kitchen. This recipe I’ve had in my recipe box for a year or two and I couldn’t even tell you where I got it from. But this is a healthy version of chicken floriten you have to try.
4 (3oz) chicken breasts cooked and pulled apart
1 box frozen spinach (cooked and drained)
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. Flour
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 cups vegie broth
pinch of nutmeg
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 cup cottage cheese
2/3 cup parmesan cheese
1 box of pasta cooked and drained
1) In a large pot heat olive oil, add flour and mix for 30 seconds, add broth and stir until thick.
2) Add lemon juice, nutmeg, oregano, pepper and garlic, bring to a simmer.
3) Place cottage cheese in blender and blend until smooth.
4) Remove from heat and add blended cottage cheese, spinach, chicken, parmesan cheese and pasta.
5) Pour into greased baking dish, bake for 30 mins at 375 degrees.