When Dan was a bachelor he would come up with these concocting’s and combine ingredients I wouldn’t even dare to combine. I’m honestly think the only reason he’s still alive is because of his cast iron stomach. But to give him credit, sometimes he hits it out of the park with his creations. The other night I left him to his on devices when it came to dinner. I came home from kickboxing and he had this chicken sandwich kind of thing waiting for me. After one bite I was hooked and had to share it with you guys. So Ladies and Gentlemen…here is the recipe for a Chicken Dan-wich…
1 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
1 onion cooked until soft
1 package of mushrooms cooked
1 green pepper cooked until soft
1 package of shredded cheddar cheese
Montreal steak seasoning
1 loaf of French bread
1) Cook chicken with Montreal steak seasoning, shred and set aside.
2) Cook mushrooms, onions and peppers together with olive oil and Montreal steak seasoning until soft.
3) Mix cooked chicken and vegetables together, set aside.
4) Cut French bread loaf length wise. Cover the middle of the bread with butter. Put a thin coat of minced garlic on top of butter. Top with a thin coat of garlic salt and cheese.
5) Put garlic bread into broiler and cook until cheese is melted and edges are browned.
6) Take garlic bread out and put chicken mixture on top of one side and top with a the other garlic bread (to make a sandwich).
7) Cut into pieces and serve hot.