I’m the type of person that would love having breakfast for dinner every night of the week. There is just something so comforting about homemade pancakes and omelets and everything that makes breakfast on the weekends so comforting. A while ago I saw this post on Pinterest for Bacon Pancake Dippers. I used the same idea, but my own go to pancake recipe.
Bacon Pancake Dippers
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to “sour”.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and butter into “soured” milk. Pour the flour
mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
- Pour into a squeeze bottle with a big enough hole for the batter to pour from.
- Heat griddle.
- Squirt batter in a long oval shape a little longer and wider then the bacon and place a slice of cooked bacon in the center.
- Lightly press bacon into the batter.
- Squeeze more batter over the bacon. I just did a wiggle line.
- Cook until the batter starts to bubble then turn over and cook a few minutes longer.