Hi everyone Happy Wednesday! We’ve finally made it half way through the week and we’re one day closer to the long weekend. As I mentioned in my Monday post, I’ve been trying to make breakfast items for Dan and I to grab during the week. I decided to try my hand at making my own scone recipe. I took a basic recipe from my betty crocker cook book…because you can’t go wrong with betty crocker…and put a Jen spin on it. I think I still need to play with the consistency of these, but they’re not bad for a first try. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Scones
1 ¾ cups flour
3 Tbsp sugar
2 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1/3 cup butter
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
4 to 6 Tbsp whipping cream
1 bag chocolate chips
1) Heat Oven to 350.
2) In large bowl, mix flour, 3 tbsp sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3) Cut in butter and mix until the flour mixture resembles crumbs.
4) Stir in egg, vanilla and just enough of the 4-6 tbsp on whipping cream so dough leaves side of bowl.
5) Add in bananas and chocolate chips.
6) Place dough on a floured surface and knead 10 times. Pat dough into 8 in circle and cut into wedges.
7) Place wedges in a cookie sheet and bake for 14-17 mins.
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) heavy cream (or milk)