Although we are trying to eat healthy it is hard to not resist some good home cooking. During the week I try to make dinners that result in leftover, aka an easy night. I made some homemade sauce over the weekend and decided to make some lasagna. There is nothing better than lasagna the next day. Having leftovers makes the nights I got to kickboxing much easier and lets be honest with working all day its nice to come home to an easy night.
So before it becomes too hot in your house at night to cook anything, how about you give into temptation and make some lasagna.
1 box of lasagna noodles
1 jar of your favorite sauce
1 ½ cups shredded cheese
¼ tsp crushed red pepper
1 container (15oz) ricotta cheese
1 box frozen spinach (thawed, drained, and squeezed dry)
2 garlic cloves
Hamburg or sausage (cooked)
1) Cook pasta.
2) Grease a 9X13 pan. Place sauce in the bottom with meat (if you used sausage- chop into small pieces).
3) Place three noodles on top.
4) In a bowl combine shredded cheese, red pepper, ricotta cheese, spinach, garlic cloves, and eggs.
5) Place ricotta mixture on top of noodles.
6) Place another three noodles on top.
7) Cover with remaining sauce and cheese.
8) Cover with foil (stray foil with Pam before putting on top) and bake for 45 mins. Remove foil and cook for another 10 mins at 350.