Another week, another muffin recipe…
Yes you guessed it, I made muffins again for Dan and I for breakfast for the week. I decided I needed to shake things up a tad and buy some different kind of fruit, besides blueberries, strawberries and bananas. I ended up with peaches. Honestly, Im not a huge fan of peaches. As a kid my mom and I swear every daycare provider had those peaches in those small plastic cans in that disgusting syrup. Just thinking about the sliminess of them makes my stomach turn…and not in a good way…anyways…I decided to try again on my relationship with peaches…this time with fresh ones. The muffins turned out decent…I’d almost make them again…so maybe my relationship with peaches has some hope…but only in small doses.
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/8 cup melted butter
1/8 cup applesauce
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup old fashioned oats (ground in a food processor or blender)
1 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1 cup peeled and diced peaches (about 1 ½ peaches)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Grease cupcake pan or line with paper liners.
3) Combine egg, butter, applesauce, sugar, salt, cinnamon, lemon juice and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
4) Ground old fashioned oats in a food processor or blender. Mix flour, ground oats and baking powder in a small bowl.
5) Alternate adding in flour mixture and milk to large mixing bowl, stirring until just blended.
6) Fold in peaches. Bake for 18-20 minutes in preheated oven.