Alright, I know….I’ve been slacking big time. Life has been crazy busy for me between things at my daughter’s school and a friend’s upcoming wedding, that with what little free time I have, I’ll admit it, I’ve been selfish and started a few projects, finished a few others and just tried to catch up with stuff around the house. I did however try a few new recipes, that I will hopefully be sharing with you this week along with an old recipe for me, but still a goodie.
I bought this popsicle mold last fall off Amazon. It’s sometimes a little tricky to get the pops out but I love that I can use the wooden sticks, so I can start making another batch of them before we have finished eating the first. Not that I have ever had to do that yet, but summer is pretty much here, so it could happen. I found this recipe over at Raining Hot Coupons . They are absolutely delicious. My only issue is that the yogurt part melts way faster than the strawberry part, which I now see why they put the strawberry on the bottom….I have to remember that for next time.
Strawberry Shortcake Pops
- 2 cup Strawberries
- 1/2 cup crushed Vanilla Wafers
- 2 cup Vanilla Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Honey
- Combine the vanilla wafers, yogurt, and honey. Mix well.
- Wash and trim the strawberries, then puree in food processor.
- Use popsicle molds or small paper cups and popsicle sticks as molds.
- Alternate layers of yogurt mix and strawberries in molds. Insert sticks and freeze several hours (preferably overnight).
- Run mold briefly under warm water to release pops.