I find I have an addition to not only ice cream but Mexican food. I could honestly eat it every day and never get sick of it. With this hot weather, cooking has become a challenge…at least until we put in the air conditioners. But I made an exception for taco Pizza. When Jodi and I were setting up for the bridal shower a month or so ago, we found ourselves at one of our high school hang outs (a local pizza place). We had a taco pizza that was to die for. I’ve been thinking about that pizza since we had it. I finally gave into my craving and fired up my oven…(yes Im crazy). But once you try this pizza you’ll totally understand my insanity.
Your favoriate pizza dough (I used two packets of Betty Crocker pizza Dough)
1 jar of Salsa (I used a peach mango salsa)
½ LB ground beef (cooked)
1 packet of taco seasoning (I made mine from scratch)
1 green pepper chopped and cooked
1 red pepper chopped and cooked
1 onion chopped and cooked
1 cup of cheese
Sour cream for garnish
1) Cook ground beef and set aside.
2) Cook onions, and peppers until soft.
3) Add ground beef and taco seasoning to pan can combine. Set aside.
4) Roll out pizza dough.
5) Add salsa to pizza dough.
6) Add onion, pepper and ground beef on top.
7) Add cheese on top.
8) Cook at 400 degrees (or temperature according to package directions) for 20-25 mins.
9) Top with sour cream and serve.