I am so glad this week is over it was a very busy one. Jodi and I are gearing up for a wedding cake this weekend and our friends wedding next week, Dan is back to working a lot of hours at work, so trying to juggle everything at home is a challenge. But just like anything else I do in my life…I fake it until I make it. This recipe was a result of one of those fake it until you make it moments…I was trying to “spice” up dinner…this was week two of us having Hamburger on the menu…and came up with this taco hamburger recipe.
2 lbs of raw Hamburger
1 packet of taco seasoning (I made my own)
1 jar of your favorite salsa
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 package of hamburger buns
1) Put hamburger in a bowl and combine with taco seasoning.
2) Make hamburger patties. Make a divot in the middle of each patty and fill with salsa and cover with hamburger.
3) Cut up peppers and onions. Cook in pan with olive oil until tender.
4) Grill hamburgers and add cheese on top.
5) Put cooked hamburgers on buns with lettuce, cooked peppers and onions, sour cream and salsa.