Good morning everyone! Now don’t let that explanation point scare you into thinking Im a morning person…believe me its just the exact opposite. I said may expletives when my alarm went off this morning. I can’t believe how fast the weekend went. Although it was a productive weekend, it just went too fast. On a plus side this week is a short week, work wise for me…this upcoming weekend is my friends wedding, class reunion and a family cookout to celebrate my cousin being home from AK. So needless to say I’ve got a lot of stuff to do in the up coming weekend.
This past weekend, however I delivered a wedding cake up to the white mountains with Jodi (pictures to come soon). On Sunday I bought some mushrooms and I wanted to do something different. I decided to make some stuffed mushrooms. Im not a fan of mushrooms…but this recipe got two thumbs up from Dan…
1 lb mushrooms (medium/large)
1/2 onion (medium)
1 clove of garlic
3 TBS olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
5 slices of bacon
3 TBS olive oil
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Peel, and wash mushrooms.
3) Remove and chop stems. Peel and chop finely 1/2 onion.
4) Peel and chop 1 clove of garlic. Place 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a non-stick large skillet and heat. Add chopped onion and garlic when warm.
5) Season with some salt and ground black pepper and stir-fry over medium heat for 5 – 7 minutes.
6) Chop bacon slices. Add chopped bacon and mushrooms stem to the skillet. Sauté for 8 – 10 minutes and set aside.
7) Spread some olive oil on mushrooms with the help of a pastry brush.
8) Fill mushrooms. Put filled mushrooms in a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.