Last week I was given a bunch of blueberries from my in-laws and of course Daniella’s request was pie. I finally got around to making it this past Sunday. I decided to try a Blueberry Cream Pie for a change. I found this recipe over at Little Indiana . My only issue with it, was the orange zest, it was far too much, next time I think I will use lemon and half the amount, so it doesn’t take away from the blueberries.
Blueberry Cream Pie
- 3 Cups Blueberries
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Zest (or Lemon)
- 1 Pastry Pie Crust (homemade or store-bought)
- 400* oven.
- Pour Blueberries into unbaked Pie Crust.
- Whisk together Heavy Cream, Sugar, Flour, Salt, and Orange Zest.
- Pour over Blueberries.
- Bake 35-42 minutes or until a light golden brown on the top.
- Store in refrigerator. Best when eaten chilled.