You know I think that being a weatherman is the only profession where you get paid to be wrong. On Friday the weatherman said it was supposed to be a washed out weekend. Ok so I don’t know what or when this whole wash out part is supposed to come…but that big yellow thing in the sky was there all weekend…#fail. Dan and I decided to take advantage of this washout of a weekend and do yard work. All and all we had a very productive weekend.
Here is a recipe I pulled from Squirrels and Sweets. I ended up adding some oatmeal to make it a bit hartier and blueberries.
Here is my version of blueberries and cream oatmeal bake.
1.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 3 cups)
1 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 1/3 cups low-fat buttermilk
1 1/2 cups blueberries
1) Preheat oven to 350°. Grease/spray two (8 x 4–inch) loaf pans or one big bunt pan.
2) In a bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking bower, and salt.
3) Place sugar, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
4) Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
5) Add flour mixture and buttermilk to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Then add blueberries.
6) Spoon batter into loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from pans. Cool completely on a wire rack.