Well I don’t know about you but it’s only Wednesday and its been one hell of a week already. I’m ready to just win the lottery and never have to work another day in my life…I mean in a job that I’m not a huge fan of…the only thing that makes it bearable are my coworkers who share my sense of humor and love for frozen yogurt. I was definitely bad yesterday, I got to work and realized I forgot my lunch at home…so a coworker of mine and myself both needed to blow off some steam and decided all of our problems could be fixed with frozen yogurt…and it was definitely a start.
I honestly can’t believe it’s already August; where did the summer go? This summer I have given my ice cream maker a run for its money. This week is no exception. This week I present you banana peanut butter chocolate chip ice cream. I got the recipe over at cups cakes and kale chips. Although I do have to admit I do like their recipe title better…
Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
2 eggs (Davidson’s Safest Choice recommended)
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup light brown sugar
2 cups heavy cream
2 very ripe bananas, mashed to a pulp
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup mini chocolate chips
1) Freeze the canister or bowl for your ice cream maker
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. (Note if you have a stand mixer…put the ingredients in the bowl with the whisk attachment and let it go for about 5 mins…you’ll know when its “fluffy”.)
3) Add the heavy cream, bananas, and vanilla and mix gently until thoroughly combined.
4) Churn the ice cream according to the manufacturer’s instructions for your ice cream machine. During the last few minutes, add the peanut butter in dollops, and the chocolate chips.
5) Transfer to a freezer-safe container, and place in the freezer until firm