Well folks we made it! Its finally Friday woo-who!!! I got a recipe for Crock pot Mexican stuffed peppers from number 2 pencil. Let me tell you it was soooooo good you have to try this. The best part of this recipe is you don’t even have to brown the Hamburg before you put it in the crock pot. I ended up using brown rice and added taco seasoning to the mix to make it more “mexicany”…yes I know that its not a word but it is now…because I said so. This will be a huge hit with your family, my picky father in-law even ate it…yes Im as shocked as you are. I hope you have a great weekend and talk to you all on Monday.
Crock pot Mexican stuffed peppers
4 bell peppers
1 pound of 85 percent lean ground beef
1/2 of a yellow onion, diced
1 cup of canned enchilada sauce
1 1/4 cup of shredded jack cheese
3/4 cup of cooked (leftover) mexican rice
salt and pepper
sour cream and diced green onion for toppings
1) Finely dice a 1/2 of a yellow onion. Pour a cup of prepared enchilada sauce into a heat proof measuring cup and add diced onion. Heat the onion/enchilada sauce mixture in the microwave for about 5 minutes to soften onions.
2) Cut the tops off of four bell peppers. Remove stems and seeds and dice the tops of the bell peppers.
3) Pour 1/3 of a cup of water into the bottom of the crock pot and nestle bell peppers in.
4) In a large mixing bowl, combine one pound of uncooked ground beef, onion/enchilada sauce mixture, diced bell peppers, 1 cup of shredded jack cheese, 3/4 cup of cooked rice, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
5) Fill bell peppers with ground beef mixture and top with more cheese.
6) Cook on low for about 6 hours. You can test mixture with meat thermometer for doneness. It should be cooked to 160 degrees.
Note: You must used pre-cooked rice.