I swear every year we end up with so many zucchinis and every year I make the same zucchini bread recipe. I had three to use up and I decided to try a few different recipes. I knew this recipe was a keeper by Dan’s reaction. Dan asked what they were because he had just finished two off. I told him they were orange zucchini bunt cakes…Dan declared this recipe a keeper. I hope you try these Orange Zucchini Bunk Cakes from Momontimeout, they are just as Dan said…a Keeper.
Orange Zucchini Bunt Cakes
1-2 zucchini (you will need three cups)
2 cups all-purpose flour (plus extra for bundt pan)
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
12 Tbls butter, melted and cooled slightly (I used two bananas as a substitute)
1 Tbls orange zest
2 Tbls fresh orange juice
1 cup powdered sugar sifted
1 tsp orange zest
3 Tbls fresh orange juice
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2) Grate zucchini and then squeeze dry in a kitchen towel to remove excess water. Measure out three cups.
3) Grease a 6-cup bundt pan and lightly flour. (Make sure to tap out excess flour.)
4) Whisk together flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
5) Stir together eggs and sugar. Gradually mix in melted butter, zucchini, orange zest and juice. Stir in flour mixture just until combined. Pour into prepared pan.
6) Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Let cake cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes before inverting the cake pan and turning it out onto a wire rack.
7) Let cool for an additional 30 minutes before glazing.
8) Whisk glaze ingredients together and drizzle over slightly cooled cake. If glaze is too thick, add more orange juice. If it is too thin, whisk in more sugar