If you’ve followed this blog long enough, Dan swears I’m trying to kill him by making him eat healthy. Every once in awhile I will try a recipe that I know isn’t healthy in any form of the imagination. I started to frost the apple upside down cake from Woman Behind the Curtain. Dan walks into the house wondering what Im doing. I told him it was breakfast for this week. He then proceeds to grab his stomach and swears Im trying to make him fat. So I offered to bring it to work. Dan then said “don’t be crazy”. So I decided to leave it at home and have it for breakfast. It was SOOOOOO yummy and SOOOOO easy to make. If you only pick up one fall recipe from this blog I say this is it.
Apple upside down cake
1-1/2 cups apples, chopped and peeled
1 can (12.4 ounce) Pillsbury cinnamon rolls with icing
1/2 cup pecan halves or pieces
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1) Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
3) Spread 1 cup of the apples in pie plate.
4) Separate dough into 8 rolls. Cut each roll into quarters; place in large bowl.
5) Add remaining 1/2 cup apples and pecans.
6) In small bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and corn syrup until well blended. Add brown sugar mixture to dough mixture; toss gently to combine. Spoon mixture over apples in pan.
7) Bake 28 to 38 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Invert onto serving platter.
8) Remove lid from icing. Microwave icing on high 10 to 15 seconds or until drizzling consistency.
9) Drizzle over warm coffee cake. Serve warm.