Happy Friday everyone! It has been a crazy week. I’ve been trying to play catch up. I know I’ve been slacking in my Friday blog posts. So I wanted to make sure I get back in the game and get my act together.
After all the recipes I’ve tried so far this year, I’ve been pretty lucky…there have been very few Pinterst fails. I’ve had this recipe for Caramel Apple Snickerdoodles in my cue for awhile. I had a hard time finding the candy required by the recipe…I have honestly never see caramel apple cups. The closest thing I was able to find was a chocolate caramel filled kiss looking baking chips. Maybe if I was able to find these caramel apple cups this recipe would not be a pinterest fail. Granted these tasted good, but I was missing the apple flavor. I think these would be better named chocolate caramel snickerdoodles.
Caramel Apple Snickerdoodles
8 caramel apple chocolate cups
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3 tbs. sugar
3 tsp. cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Set your cookie sheet in the fridge to chill.
3) Cut caramel apple cups in half, set aside.
4) Cream butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar.
5) Add eggs and vanilla.
6) Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
7) Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture. Roll dough into 1.5″ balls.
8) Flatten and add halved caramel apple chocolate cups. Fold over cups and roll dough into ball again.
9) Chill dough for 10 minutes in the fridge on chilled cookie sheet.
10) While dough is chilling, mix remaining sugar with 3 tsp. cinnamon in a small bowl.
11) Gently rolling balls of dough in the sugar mixture. Place on chilled ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes. Remove from pan immediately but CAREFULLY as middle will be very soft from caramel cup.